Monday, April 6, 2009

The New Will Smith??


Rapper, singer and actor Aubrey “Drake” Graham is officially performing during
Culture Shock right here on our campus. That’s at SUNY Purchase for those of you who don’t know. Anyway, I really had never heard anything of his until this year. The first song I ever heard him on was the remix he did to Lykke Li’s song titled “Little Bit”. I already love that song but I think Drake’s voice as well as his lyrics enhanced the track and made me love it even more. Right after I finished listening to the song I wanted to hear more of Drake.

To me Drake is a very talented artist because he is extremely versatile; this Canadian born artist is a triple threat. Most of you would probably recognize him from his role as the wheel chair bound Jimmy Brooks on the show “Degrassi: The Next Generation.” I think he did well on the show; he’s a decent actor. He can also sing, he has a very smooth voice that I enjoy listening to. I feel like with so many talents he’s surely not as popular as he should be; but I guess he’s on the verge.

Drake has done some pretty crazy collaborations some say he is Lil Waynes prodigy. He has a single out right now titled “Replacement Girl” featuring Trey Songz, ladies you should check his “swagga” in that video: very sexy. He has a few albums and or mixtapes out including: Room for Improvement, Comeback Season and Drake: So Far Gone. You all should listen to one or all of those if you want to hear what he’s working with. So far my favorite song of his is “Brand New” I believe there is a remix of this song with featuring Lil’ Wayne.

So after reading this I know you all are excited about seeing drake perform at Culture Shock; which will be taking place April 17th and April 18th. I believe he’s performing on the first night but the lineup is still not officially set, but he is officially performing so you all should come out and enjoy.

Drakes website: www.thisisdrake.com
Drakes Blog: octobersveryown.blogspot.com
Drakes Myspace: www.myspace.com/thisisdrake















4 comments:

  1. hey are non-Purchase students allowed to buy tickets to culture shock?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Culture shock is free cookinwitgrease you just have to know someone who lives on campus and their room assignment in order to get on campus.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oo ok cool thanks. would you be interested in possibly helping my friend and i get in? we'd be willing to pay you...shoot me an email if you wanna chat on it. my email address is cookinwitgrease@gmail.com. oh and check out my blog too. cookinwitgrease.wordpress.com.

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol @ will smith & Drake compairson

    ReplyDelete